Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project Life: Title Page

In the next few posts I am going to share my Project Life 2012 album with you thus far. I am going to start with my title page, which I absolutely love! These posts will be much less wordy than the last 2, filled instead with mostly pictures and a few brief descriptions here and there! Here we go....

 

I love how bright my title turned out...despite having a white base! I hope to continue the bright, cheerful feel thought the album...it reflects my overall personality and view on life, which I love! I think this title is so "me."

 

I loved the idea of the year being large across the span of the page so I diecut it using my Silhouette Cameo at roughly 4x12(slightly smaller) and glued it to a piece of white card stock. After embellishing that area with sewn on fringed scraps using Martha Stewart fringe scissors and Mr. Huey's mist, I cut the piece into two 4x6 squares to fit in the pocket!

 

I further titled my page with thickers, stitched across, more fringe (loving those scissors that day), and some stamping+more stamping! Next, I had extra scrap fringes that I cut across to make quick confetti for a pocket+a butterfly punch here and there thrown in. An "S" for Smith atop a journaling card by Marcy Penner...love this set..pretty sure they are the root of my now full-blown journalist card obsession! These cards were my first..and still favorite purchase for this project! That completes the first row.

The next row starts with a Smash journal sheet discussing my reason for starting this journey. The house stamp is by Unity, embossed with Zing (my favorite color!) The "remember" journal stamp is from an old Scarlet Lime kit. Finally I ended my title with a quote card by Smitha Katti.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will return tomorrow for my post on week 1!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment