Thursday, January 5, 2012

Technique Thursday

Hey guys I decided to switch it up a bit from last fall for the Thursday post. For 2012 I decided I would do a technique Thursday. There are many great techniques using tools and products in different ways that I also think "Oh! I want to try that" but then never get around to it. I decided to inspire me to finally get to it, I would dedicate a day for it!

One tool that I bought awhile back was the Martha Stewart scoring board. I just knew that this product was going to be my go to tool on my pages and cards. In reality I tend to forget about pulling it out when I am creating. Oh but not today!

This tool can be used for more things than just the ordinary creasing cards and envelopes. For this layout, I used the scoring board to create these darling flowers! I also used the tool to create an accordion insert for additional pictures! Here is the project I created:

Supplies Used:
Kraft, brown, and pink cardstock
Basic Grey Manila patterned paper
Vintage music sheet
fiskars punches (sm. heart, circle)
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Marvy Uchida XL heart punch
Martha Stewart scoring board
Cuttlebug houndstooth embossing folder
small letter stickers("open") by Echo Park
Echo Park pattern paper(pink plaid)
pink polka dot paper by unknown? old from stash possibly DCWV
silhouette die cutting machine
bakers twine
vintage lace

I hope you have been inspired to create something using your scoring board!

No comments:

Post a Comment