Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Moodboard

I had a bit of a busy end to last week. I am not so patiently waiting the arrival of my first niece...any day now! Along with the anticipation from that, I had to help get ready for a baby shower for my cousin. It seems like everyone around me is expecting little ones! :) I missed last Friday's post for 52 Friday, a post where I follow through Elizabeth Kartchner's book with Creating Keepsakes, 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges. However, following another one of my 2012 resolutions not to stress I am going to try not to beat myself up over it.

It actually put me on track for the year with the book. Last fall when I started posting daily inspiration and projects I began with week one. This Friday will be the second week in 2012 so we will begin with week 2's challenge!

For today's Monday Moodboard I have pulled several images from Pinterest to get inspired by. I really like the geometric pattern I have been seeing all over. Here is the moodboard I have created:



(This mosaic was created using this flickr mosaic maker).

I recently stumbled across a background design in my Silhouette Studio store that was the same pattern as the geometric design in the moodboard! I decided to create my own background by cutting this pattern out of white cardstock and adhering it to a piece of kraft cardstock. I really liked the mix of white, kraft, and teal in the moodboard as well. I decided to use this color combination for my layout. These colors were also used in a previous post last week with pictures from the annual float trip last year. I still had some photos from this event so decided to create another layout to correspond with the first. Here is the layout I created:

Supplies Used:
kraft, brown, and white cardstock
Silhouette Cameo
Yellow embossed cardstock (Bazzil)
Yellow polka dot PP (My Minds Eye)
vintage book paper
felt flower ribbon (Creative Cafe)
"Summer" & "2011" (Studio Calico)
"fun" (American Crafts)

I hope you were inspired by this weeks Moodboard and will use it create your next project. There are many different companies that have patterned papers in this design on the market now! Use one of those or create your own like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment