Wednesday, October 12, 2011

52 Friday

Welcome back! TGIF! What a week. I didn't think I would ever make it through that hectic schedule...but here I am at the weeks end finally! Still a busy weekend working ahead of me as well as a birthday party for a friend. On the bright side, I am not having the time to ever be bored!
Today's project is going to be influenced by the Creating Keepsakes book, 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges by Elizabeth Kartchner! Each Friday I will work my way, front to back through all 52 of the challenges in the book! I would love to have you join me! The first section is all about inspiration. Challenge number one is to "Get inspired by an outfit!"
My outfit inspiration came from none other than pinterest! I find a lot of my inspiration on this site.

I really love the yellow, navy, and brown color combination in this outfit! I may even have to go on a shopping hunt for something similar! ;) These colors are excellent for the fall season. I also like the texture that the feathers add to the ensemble!
For my project I really wanted to focus on pulling this color combination. I am really digging the chevron trend going on right now so I also wanted to incorporate it somewhere in my layout. Here is the project I came up with:




1.I started my page by cutting a half an inch to two sides of a paper from the Basic Grey Basics Manilla collection. I adhered this to a kraft cardstock base.

2. Next, I cut a zig zag(chevron) pattern from my patterned papers using a ruler and marker as a guide. My patterned papers were My Minds Eye Lost and Found Everywhere Mirrors, Hambly Woodgrain, Pink Paislee Daily Junque Tabs, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Two Rosy "Love" Blossoms Paper B side,and My Mind's Eye Lush Brown Houndstooth.

3. After adhering my chevron background, I added an October Afternoon flash book page.

4. I mat my photo with a 1/8th inch border from the yellow paper.

5. I created my yellow flower using a punch from EK Success. I love the dimension that this punch makes!! I created another layered flower from earlier this week to add to my grouping. The tan flower is by Prima. The white flower, brown leaf, and feather are all things I had laying around. The flower and leaf were pulled from fabric flower stems from hobby lobby.

6. I created my letters using old basic chipboard letters, paint and spray mists. Here is a tutorial on how to make them!! (Please excuse my subtitles, this was my first video tutorial and I wasn't quite ready to talk. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment