Monday, October 25, 2010

Big Sketch Contest at My Creative Scrapbook

I recently found another contest to give a shot! This one is at Each month for the next three months the girls are going to provide a new sketch for participants to create with!!! There will be a first prize winner, and lemme tell ya, that first prize is to die for,, picked for each month as well as two random winners drawn. There will also be a grand prize winner drawn for those that play all three months!!! I had lots of fun with the first sketch for October, trying out some new things.

The flowered background paper was originally an orange sketched look. I thought it needed a little something, so I went to work with my Stampin' Up watercolor pencils and spiced it up with a little pink, purple, and green. I loved the results so much! I didn't have another piece of this paper, I actually ended up free-handing the design on the corrdinating page and repeating the same watercolor technique.

I tried many different things with my title before being satisfied. I liked the green, but all of the stickers, paper, and other types of titling products I tried seemed to 2-D. I finally decided to pull out my trusty sizzix machine. I cut the letters twice out of regular cardboard(literally from a cut up cardboard box). I also cut the letters from green cardstock. After adhereing the layers with spray adhesive, I sanded the edges and added a tiny bit of orange ink.

For my journaling, I repeated the cardboard technique for added dimension. I typed the journaling using my old antique typewriter!! The journaling reads "I am so happy that we are so close. It is nice to know that I have a true friend I can always count on. Mallory is always there for me. We may be cousins, but we will also be friends."

I hope you enjoyed viewing my entry! Wish me luck, I would LOVE to get my hands on that amazing prize!!

No comments:

Post a Comment