Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yo Mama Loves Echo Park!!!

Many of you may not know, I am the co-owner of an online accessory boutique called A New Deja Vu. Recently I started adding little girl's tutus to our list of available products on etsy at www.anewdejavu.etsy.com.

This week I invited the girls over to have a little fun with the tutus. I let them play around the yard in the garments and took some photographs for my etsy shop. I even caught them settled down long enough for a few posed shots. When all finished I realized these pictures were just too darling to not scrapbook and who better to turn to than Echo Park Paper!! I had the opportunity to go to Scrapfest this year at the Mall of America. The Echo Park table was definitely one of my favorite! Jody and Madison are always a hoot and a lot of fun to talk to and joke around with. (I actually ended up selling one of my tutus to Jody for his little girl!) This project was also just in time for Octobers Fresh Face Designer Campaign. I thought I might give it a go.

My first project featured many papers from their A Walk in the Park line. I loved the bright cheery colors. I wanted to pull in a few other things so I combined some pieces from other collections, such as For the Record. I thought the black accents brought out the tutu from the picture.



Echo Park Products Used:
From A Walk in the Park
WP2004 PICNIC FUN (Paper)
WP2009 FLUTTER (Paper)
WP2011 PLAYFUL STRIPES (Paper)
From Dots and Stripes Metropolitan
DSM1015 ALPHA STICKERS (black title)
From For the Record
FTR12014 ElementStickers F (flourish and black border)
From Country Drive
CD16014 ELEMENT STICKERS (heart and butterfly)
CD16018 PICKETFENCE DANDELION (circle)
Other products used:
Tag(vintage)
Bingo Card(Jenni Bowlin)
White Cardstock (Bazzil)
Kraft Cardstock

My next photo featured more pinks and browns. I realized that the Life is Good collection would work perfectly!



Echo Park Products Used:
From Life is Good
LG3006 SIMPLE STRIPES (paper)
LG3007 HONEYCOMB (paper)
LG3009 BOLD STRIPES (paper)
LG3012 HAPPY BORDERS (paper)
LG3011 SET THE TABLE (paper)
LG3014 12X12 ELEMENT STICKER (flowers, border, flourish)
From Dots and Stripes Candy Shoppe
DSM2015 ALPHA STICKERS (title and subtitle)
Other Products Used:
Kraft Card stock
Border Punch (Fiskars)
fabric border strips (Pink Paislee Mistables)

I found some pictures from my recent new haircut that had been waiting to be scrapped. I love the color combinations in the For the Record collection and knew it would be perfect! I made this into a 2 page layout.




Echo Park Products Used:
From For the Record
FTR12006 Fabric Store (paper)
FTR12007 Vintage Linen (paper)
FTR12005 Advertisement (paper)
FTR12010 Apron Strings (paper)
FTR12014 ElementStickers F (flowers, border, title)
FTR12015 AlphaStickers F (label and border)
FTR12013 Noteworthy (journal card)
Other Products used:
Kraft Cardstock
White cardstock (bazzil)
washi tapes (7 gypsies and SMASH by K and Company)
paints (making memories)

In order to get the splattered paint look on my page that mimics spray inks:
1)mix dime size amount of paint with a couple drops of water
2)load end of paint brush and flick towards page
It's that easy! Be sure to cover photos before flicking and cover work service. Paint drops can be slightly controlled but overall are unpredictable.

While I had my supplies out I decided to make one more project for my craft room.



Echo Park Supplies used:
From For the Record
FTR12007 Vintage Linen (paper)
FTR12014 ElementStickers F (bird and flower)
From Dots and Stripes Metropolitan
DSM1015 ALPHA STICKERS (title)
From A Walk in the Park
WP2005 SUNSHINE (cloud)
Other Products used:
Kraft and White cardstock (Bazzil)

I love the versatility of the Echo Park lines! I know I will be soon collecting more and using them frequently in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment