Sunday, October 2, 2011

Surge of Inspiration

The last few days I have been spending a lot of time cruisin' around on the web, looking at different blogs and sites. In my browsing I have inherited an strong surge of inspiration. I really admire all the ladies who keep up with there blogs regularly. I find myself returning to these sites daily for my own dose of inspiration. I always think to myself, "Man, these ladies are really awesome and dedicated. I wish I could do something like that!" It never really hit me until recently...Why can't I?!?!
With my almost obvious epiphany I have decided to set myself a daily schedule for my blog. Each week day I am going to focus on one theme or topic for my creativity. I am going to make a project each of the days that follows my theme. I am going to make anything from a card on busy days to a layout or two on days that I have more time. I hope to include inspiration, tutorials, and bits of life to share with others. The tentative schedule of posts are as follows:
Monday Moodboard
You Betcha' Sketch Tuesdays
Words of Wednesday
Thrifty Thursday
Fifty-Two Friday
Each Monday I am going to create an inspiration board using images I find on Pinterest,Etsy, and the web. I will then use my inspiration board to create a project using color combos, patterns, or textures from the things I find that week!
On Tuesdays I am going to create a project based on a sketch that I either create or find on another site that I will link back to. I will try on occasion to give a few different variations of how to use the sketch in different ways!
Wednesdays I am going to draw inspiration from words. It may include a quote I find or an individual word that captures the feeling of my project.
Each Thursday is going to be about saving money. I am going to vary this day between creating your own personal embellishments for your projects, using found items on your crafty things, and raiding your stash to use up older product.
I am going to focus each Friday on working my way through Creating Keepsakes 52 More Scrapbook Challenges. Each week I will complete a new challenge in the book!



No comments:

Post a Comment